On the first episode of Closing Day, we tackle the question, “how do I know if I should rent or buy?” Kyle interviews Julie Pavlish, a homebuyer educator from Homeword here in Missoula, Montana where she teaches a HUD certified class for first time homebuyers. She has a background teaching financial literacy to everyone from small children to people making the largest purchase of their life- a home!
Topics addressed in this episode:
- The difference between renting and buying
- Who should consider buying
- What you can do to take the next step
- What it means to build equity
- How to start saving for a home
- Front-end vs. back-end ratios
- Why a 20% downpayment is a myth
- Homeword and other HUD certified classes
Kyle and Julie dive into these topics and more giving listeners great information and tangible action steps that can be taken to help them reach their own Closing Day on their first home!
BankRate Mortgage Calculator: https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/mortgage-calculator.aspx
Three Factors to Consider: https://smartasset.com/mortgage/buying-vs-renting-three-factors
Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping by and Get Your Financial Life Together by Erin Lowry : https://brokemillennial.com/